Have a question? Have a look here, we may already have the answer!
Any dance supplier would have what you need for class. Primary to Senior tap dancers must have Capezio taps. Please NO mary jane tap shoes, they do not have the tap sound quality needed for competition.
MUGE Performance Wear 202, 3132 26th Street NE
LySyds DanceWear 106 5403 Crowchild Trail NW
Each child interested in competition is registered into the competition program as per their level and age. In October interested dancers may sign up for a solo or duet and request a teacher of their choice.
Parent volunteers sew and shop for the costumes.
1. Choreography fees (if the child is learning the dance out of their regular class)
2. Costume fees $65 and up per Costume.
3. Entry fees $30 per dancer per dance for groups, $40 for duets and $60 per solo
4. Traveling expenses Gas, Hotel and Food
5. Competition Surcharge of $300 if participation in studio fundraising is not completed.
Parents also need to take into account, not all competitions will fall on a weekend. This may mean taking a day off of work and your child missing school
Year End Recital
The showcase takes place at Bert Church Theatre in Airdrie sometime in late June. Bert Church Theatre is spacious 377-seat theatre with free parking. The yearend recital date will be announced at the AGM in October.
The year-end Recital is a wonderful chance for your child to perform in front of family and friends. It is the highlight of the year and a culmination of many hours of hard work and practice.